Friday 22 April 2011

Chiddy Bang Try to Break Guinness World Record for Longest Freestyle Rap

Chiddy Bang Will Try to Break Guinness World Record for Longest Freestyle Rap

As many of you know, MTV's very first digital awards show, the OMAs, are April 28th. This is exciting for a ton of reasons (including the fact that the show will be held in Vegas, and I'll be there covering!) but the coolest part is Chiddy Bang's participation.

Chidera Anamege of the hip-hop group Chiddy Bang will attempt to score the Guinness World Records title for “Longest Freestyle Rap” as part of the awards kick-off. Best of all? He will be taking your topics and words from Twitter to use throughout his freestyle--all you have to do is tweet using the hashtag #RapWorldRecord! Send your words in, and watch as he flows (or at least attempts to) for nine hours straight. Insane, right?!

This got me thinking what other crazy awards Guinness has given out, so I headed over to their website and OMG. Take a look at some of the stuff people have actually won the award for:
    * Longest distance keeping a table lifted with the teeth
    * Fastest time to drink a 500 ml milkshake through a straw
    * Smallest Piece of Ice
    * Largest Condom
    * Fastest time to travel the entire New York City Subway

I wonder what I'd even qualify (or have a desire to compete) for...Most fashionable fat girl? Most tabs open ever in one browser window? Messiest desk? I'll keep thinking about that.
In the mean time, I can't wait for next week. I hope Chiddy makes it---I can't imagine freestyling for nine minutes, let alone nine hours. He has to rap while he pees!!! What if he gets hungry?! I totally have faith in him, though. When he stopped by MTV a few months back, he blew us away. You can watch it all go down next Thursday on OMusicAwards.com!

To show my support and stand in solidarity with Chiddy, I'm going to rap! I mean, not for nine hours, but a few minutes. Tweet me words you want to see me use in the rap, and I'll upload a video later this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment